All About Rail
All About Light Rail and Subways
Read here about the light rail and subway lines that exist or are currently planned throughout the world.
- Los Angeles's Westside Subway Extension
- New Starts Program Overview
- Los Angeles County's Measure R Sales Tax and Rapid Transit Program
- Rail Transit's Effect on Property Values
- The Toronto Transit Commission's Rapid Transit Projects
- Why We Can't Cancel the Subway Line and Run More Buses
- The BRT versus Light Rail Debate
- The Two Methods of Subway Construction
- The Proper Stop Spacing of Rapid Transit Lines
- New York MTA's Capital Projects
- How Much Do Rail Transit Projects Cost to Build and Operate?
- Transit Follies: Lessons from Detroit
- Review of A Century of Subways [New York]
- Review of Street Smart: Streetcars and Cities In the Twenty-First Century
- How Does Light Rail Affect Traffic Volumes?
All About Commuter, Intercity, and High Speed Rail
Public transit is not just for getting around town; it is also for travel between cities and suburbs and cities and other cities.
- Overview of High Speed Rail Projects in the United States
- High Speed Rail Update January 2013
- The California High Speed Rail Project
- The Texas High Speed Rail Project
- California High Speed Rail Business Plan Part I - Cost
- California High Speed Rail Business Plan Part II - Ridership
- California High Speed Rail Business Plan Part III - Phasing