A compilation of articles describing basic (but important) transit terms.
Basic explanations of how we prepare transit service.
- Transit 101: The Load Factor
- Two Ways of Looking At Transit Network Design
- Capacity of Different Modes of Transit
- How Safe Is Transit?
- The Basics of Transit Funding
- The Difference Between Operating and Capital Funding
- How Much Does A Bus Cost to Purchase and Operate?
- Transit 101: The Spare Ratio
- How Long Do Buses Last?
- Overview of the Americans With Disabilities Act Part I
- Overview of Title VI
- Transit 101: Answering "Why Are All the Buses Empty?"
- Why Don't Buses Have Seat Belts?
- Transit 101: How Do We Count Ridership?
- Transit 101: Is Transit Cheaper Than Driving?
Basic explanations of how transit vehicles operate on the road.
- Transit 101: Relief Points
- Transit 101: The Layover
- Transit 101: Transit Centers
- Transit 101: Transit Malls
- The Two Methods of Subway Construction